Sunday, April 16, 2006

Reality TV stuff

Spent the weekend alone at home watching cable shows. I was particularly interested in reality shows so the remote nearly overheated because i kept changing the channel from RealityTV (that occupies the ABS-CBN slot on Dream Cable), AXN, and Star World to National Geographic and Discovery Channel (American Chopper).

When DreamCable decided to shut off ABS-CBN from their channel list (due to legal reasons), I was so pissed off because I could not longer watch Gulong ng Palad (just kidding). But when they replaced it with RealityTV, my TV time suddenly increased from 50 below 0 to 50 above 100.

RealityTV features almost all the reality shows you can imagine. Cheaters is very interesting for me. Cheaters is a reality show that exposes extramarital affairs,marriage problems,cheating husbands,cheating spouses,causes of divorce and emotional infidelity. From cheaters surveillance cameras, you are about to view actual true stories, filmed live, documenting the pain of a spouse or lover caused by infidelity. An episode features a boyfriend caught in the act of having sex with another woman by her girlfriend inside a car and another was caught with has pants off in a motel.

The show is somewhat graphic because it shows actual sex acts (although they make it appear blurry) but I believed it has sent shivers to the spines of cheaters in America. I just hope GMA 7 or IBC 3 will bring Cheaters here (hahahaha I know many will be caught with their pants down).

American Chopper (Discovery Channel) is also interesting. It's about a father and son running the business of manufacturing motorcycles. The show is full of shouts (especially from the father who always sees the mistakes of his son) and the f word but it has become a great hit. I couldn't exactly describe the show so you better watch it on Discovery Channel every monday at 10pm with replays every saturdays and sundays.

Fear Factor? I have since stopped watching the show when a black man nearly puked while eating Balut. Ano sya? here in the Philippines we eat balut by the dozen and we even pay for it.

Enough of the reality shows. The reality now is that I am alone in the house and I miss my wife and 9-month-old son who are currently in Leyte for the Holy Week. I feel like a housemate inside PBB's house. Only there are no cameras and I have no housemate who has been told that she will come out as the winner even before the show has started. ;)

Happy Easter People!


(Pardon the grammar and misspellings. I haven't had enough sleep due to all those f****** reality shows.)


-mars
PinoyStudents.ph