Wednesday, December 06, 2006

International Media Center at the CICC

I am writing this entry inside the new International Media Center of the Cebu International Convention Center, one of the venues of the 12th ASEAN Summit of leaders. This place is so huge it can handle more than 1,000 journalists and has more than 200 computer units, all linked to the Internet.

This is my first time to cover an international event. Journalists here come from different countries but what I can see right now are mostly Filipinos (or maybe I am just mistaken as we all know that Filipinos look almost exactly the same as that of our Asian counterparts).

Coffee is free-flowing outside and so is the snacks.

I am here inside the controversial CICC. Costing more than 600 million, this facility has been criticized, battered, and spitted several times by critics who claimed this will not be finished for the ASEAN Summit. But, here I am. Inside the CICC. The elevators are functioning. The air condition system works excellently. The carpets are outstanding. This is one hell of a convention center!

Nothing much to say. :) I'll update this blog everyday while I am here inside the CICC covering the ASEAN Summit.
PinoyStudents.ph