Monday, April 25, 2011

Tostado Festival of Santander, Cebu

I love travelling especially in the countryside to escape the daily grind of the city life. So when the Provincial Government of Cebu invited me to witness the Tostados Festival in the town of Santander, I immediately nodded without hesitation.

Santander is located on the southern most tip of Cebu. It's a quiet, laidback town blessed with several natural wonders, white-sandy shores, and warm, hospitable people. The town is a three-hour ride from the City but then I always love long road trips because I get to see the beauty of nature along the road - rice fields, old houses, century-old Acacia trees, and the greeneries in general.

Tostado is a local delicacy in the town. It's a home-baked cookie with delicious taste and the procedures and secret ingredients in making a really delicious tostado have been handed down from generations to generations.


Tostado festival gives honor to the delicacy that have made Santander popular. Of course, there are a lot of things that can be attributed to Santander, but when you mention the town anywhere you go, people will remember the Tostado.

It was my first time to witness the Tostado Festival and I enjoyed it a lot. Here are some pics.







PinoyStudents.ph