Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Thanks, Steve Jobs

I never got the chance to see Apple's Founder Steve Jobs in person. Well, I really never dreamed of meeting him in person because I know it was not going to happen. I'm just an ordinary journalist in the Philippines, a lover of gadgets sold in stores here (these gadgets are years behind compared to what are being sold in the US), and an ordinary man whom Steve Jobs will never be interested in meeting.

But I have been reading about him - his works, his extremely private life, and his genius that is now the heart and soul of Apple. I never got the chance to own an iPad, an iPhone, or even an iMac. Not even a second hand of these units. I don't have regrets though because I am a person who doesn't really spend beyond what my pockets will allow. And yet, I admire the gadgets that came from Apple although most of the time, these gadgets I admired were owned by friends and colleagues.


I read about Jobs, being one of Forbes world's billionaires. I get inspired reading about billionaires and their businesses although I know I'll never get the chance to smell such huge amount of money in my entire life. I learned that he was a college dropout and a former Apple retrenched guy. But he moved on with his life and continued doing what he loved, forming companies after the other and innovating technologies that have made people's lives and works a lot easier.

I may have not seen the man in person but Steve Jobs will remain in my heart for years. His works, his life, his innovations will be a source of inspiration for this ordinary guy who never got the chance to own any of the gadgets that Steve Jobs introduced to the world.

May you rest in peace Steve!
PinoyStudents.ph